Re: [TowerTalk] Multiple yagi's on a crank up tower

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Multiple yagi's on a crank up tower
From: "Rick Karlquist" <>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:02:27 -0700 (PDT)
> Based on the HFTA program, I need a 40M yagi at 90', a 20M yagi at 55',
> and
> a 15M yagi at 40'. I remember seeing a picture of a crank up with yagi's
> at
> multiple levels, maybe in a Force 12 ad. Any practical experience with

W6BH has/had a bunch of UST crank ups with stacked Yagis.  He may still have
photos up on his web site (  I bought his HDX5106 (106 ft) which
had a 6 element 20 meter monobander at the top of the third section (about
60 ft).  Another 6 ele was at 120 ft on a 24 ft mast.  The lower one
was on a TIC ring.  I am planning to get another TIC ring and mount
antennas at the top of the 2nd section and 4th section as well as the
top of the tower.  Either three tribanders or three SteppIR's.

The TIC ring has pegs that insert into the hollow legs of the tower
section for mounting purposes.  You can crank the tower almost all
the way down (within a few feet) when this is in place.

Rick N6RK

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.