Re: [TowerTalk] Source for Utility Poles in Texas

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Source for Utility Poles in Texas
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:44:35 -0500
At 10:33 AM 8/24/2005, Pat Barthelow wrote:
>Hello John,
>    A  120'   class 1, treated,
>pole, delivered, (but horizontal)  can be had for << $10K.  Such a beast may
>weigh 8000 lbs,  and I would be curious what $/equipment it would take to
>simply set in into an existing hole...
>73, Pat

I have four, 120 ft Class 1 Western Red Cedar poles in Colorado that
are stepped
and are on the ground.  I would sell them for a LOT less than$10,000K.   These
were used for a few years on a US government ionosonde and then I hauled them
home.  They could be used for antennas or would make good poles for lighting
a baseball field.

--John  W0UN

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.