[TowerTalk] Teflon Coated Wire for Quad Elements?

To: towertalk reflector <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Teflon Coated Wire for Quad Elements?
From: Joe Giacobello <>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:11:49 -0400
Although very expensive, someone once suggested using teflon coated wire
for quad elements.  The objective was to minimize icing and snow
buildup.  Seemed like a reasonable idea, and I wonder if anyone has ever
tried it?

Incidentally, the lowest price I was able to find for #12 Teflon coated
wire was $350/500 ft.

73, Joe

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.