Re: [TowerTalk] Copper Wire

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Copper Wire
From: Kevin Normoyle <>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:26:16 -0700
>/ About a year ago I went to a local audio store to buy speaker wire.  While
/>/ there, I spotted a large spool of bare #8 stranded that was very, very
/>/ It appeared to be more woven than stranded.

/Surprised it was bare. Probably used as ground wire for car audio
Maybe what's known as "rope-stranded bare copper"
(google) would do. Typically jacketed though?

By example

#8 has 133 strands so must be pretty flexible.

or possibly "battery cable" or "welding cable" also?

see here for a lot of info about strand types etc$file/WCTHContentsConductors.pdf

for instance ASTM B173

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.