Re: [TowerTalk] Birds on the antenna

To: "va3pl @ cuic.ca" <va3pl@cuic.ca>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Birds on the antenna
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:23:59 -0700 (PDT)
You can buy "bird control spikes" that are plastic strips with
metal spikes sticking out of them.  These can be glued to the tops
of the elements and boom and will prevent birds from landing on
them.  They really work; I am using them now on my workshop roof.
Suppliers can be found with a Google search.

You could probably homebrew these things by embedding
hot nails in a lucite bar.  They look like they are made like
"Airdux" coils (ie plastic melts and reforms around the metal).

Rick N6RK