To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 32, Issue 78
From: "Reicher, James" <>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:36:00 -0500
Wish I had a picture of my wife's car after she was parked under a tree
near the local Topsy's Popcorn shop.  Blue, red, green, yellow... VERY

I have the same problem with my tower.  This morning when I went out,
there were at least 100 birds perched on the 6 meter and tri-band yagis,
which overhangs our deck.

73 de N8AU, Jim in Raymore, MO

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:50:28 EDT
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Birds on the antenna

Most of the time whacking the tower with a hammer scares the uh, crap
out of
them and they take off.  Sometimes they return, sometimes they don't.
as needed.

I have also heard putting a plastic owl facing true north works (sorry
couldn't resist)!

Bill K4XS

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.