Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole questions for the Liberal Arts Major

To: "'TowerTalk Reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole questions for the Liberal Arts Major
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:24:36 -0500
You can learn a whole lot about dipoles reading the ARRL Antenna Book.  Yes,
thicker wire will give better wider coverage, but the 3 to 1 VSWR bandwidth
will never cover the whole band.

What I would do is decide the portion of the band that will be used most
often and set resonance centered there.  For the times you want to venture
to another portion, use an impedance matching network (antenna tuner).

73, Keith NM5G