Re: [TowerTalk] Attaching ground to tower

To: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Attaching ground to tower
From: <ersmar@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 20:48:57 -0400
Barrie:

     Check out
http://www.harger.com/productinformation.htm  , Section 2.6.1, Bonding Lugs
and see if the Harger model 222T lugs would work for you.  They are tinned
bronze connectors like the ones I used on my Trylon angle steel tower.  You
might also check out Section 2.5.11 for their213T cable-to-flat connectors.
I use these to connect my shunt wiresto the tower angle steel.  All of these
connectors require a minimum wire gauge of #2.  I would tin the copper with
solder before I insert the wire into the connectors as the connectors are
also tinned.        I chose the tinned versions as I read here on TT, I
believe, that tinned surfaces are not incompatible with galvanized steel.
My copperground wire (solid #2) was also tinned so the -T versions of the
connectors was a natural combination for me.73 deGene Smar  AD3F-----