[TowerTalk] yaesu g-1000dxa rotator: preset not working?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] yaesu g-1000dxa rotator: preset not working?
From: Kevin Normoyle <knormoyle@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:05:22 -0700
This is a new g-1000dxa.

I remember playing with the preset a couple weeks ago before I put
the antenna up, and thought it was working fine.

Antenna is up now. Left/right works fine for low and high speed.
So I don't think there's any binding.

But preset doesn't seem to work (nothing happens after I hit start)

Anyone see anything like this or know what the issue might be?
I would think it's not cable related, since the left/right seems to work
fine?
Is that not true.

cable is 200' of #18 6-conductor.

I have not modified any of the out-of-the box settings on the adjustments
on the back of the control box.

I noticed someone mentioned a slow ramp up/down that's active when
preset is used. Is that true? If so, could there not be enough torque to get
started?

Thanks in advance,
-kevin
KE6RAD