[TowerTalk] aluminium

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] aluminium
From: Craig Clark <jcclark@worldpath.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:09:22 -0400
>I would assume that aluminum corrosion only becomes a real issue in
>a salt air environment location.

And even in that environment, aluminum will last for a very long
time. I grew up on Long Island Sound and we bought one of the first
of AMF's Sunfish sailboats. The original mast was still being used 25
years later and the boat sat out all summer long and the mast was
often immersed in water.

Craig K1QX