Re: [TowerTalk] 6lb Moxon "tower"?

To: w6tkv@arrl.net, jim@jtmiller.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 6lb Moxon "tower"?
From: "Tim Kass" <timkass@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:13:55 -0400
Well, this may not be what your looking for, but, I have a home brew 20
meter Moxon fed with 450 ohm liine, making it multiband (W5RZ design - on LB
Cebik site)  What I am using for a tower is an old Hygain Hytower, that is,
the first 24 feet is lightweight BX type sections, tapered, the "spike" was
removed and replaced with a standard aluminum mast...this tower is hinged at
the base and I alone can "walk" this tower up and down,to do adjustments on
it, etc.  I have the Moxon at around 32 feet.  I works wonderfully, rotator
installed AR22.   The tower is self supporting....been up a year now with no
ill effects from wind..

73, Tim
K8WBL