Re: [TowerTalk] replacement guys (was ...and C31XR)

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] replacement guys (was ...and C31XR)
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:39:18 EDT
In a message dated 9/21/05 4:19:05 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
RXDesign@ssvecnet.com writes:
The reasons - much less stretch (see K7NV's very nice analysis of same using
both EHS and
philly - no comparison!), no UV concerns (long term philly use is still not
available in great even
numbers), cost, and overall strength.
I don't know how long you consider long term, but I have Phillystran up that
I installed 20 years ago (the old potted stuff) and the jacket is still in
great shape after 20 years in the Florida sun.  All my towers are guyed with
Philly or Polyrod (less stretchy).

Bill K4XS