Re: [TowerTalk] Open wire transmission line

To: "Steve" <steveac@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Open wire transmission line
From: "k0dan" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:49:11 -0500
#8 or #10 wire is gonna be pretty heavy even before you add all the plastic
strips! Also the Lexan approach sounds rather labor intensive.

Alternative: Buy some 1/2" or 3/4" ABS irrigation tubing, cut it into approx
4"-5" long tubes, and use a hot knife blade or screwdriver to melt a groove
into the edges. Slide wire into the notches while hot. If you get the
technique down right, the notch will be kind of like a keygole, with a round
channel to hold the wire. Use Hot Glue, Gorilla Glue, etc., to add
reinforcement if necessary. I have a bunch of line using 16 guage insulated
wire and it works well. Spacers are approx every 18", you don't need that
many. Use parachute line or similar as a messenger line to support the
feedline and direct it to the shack.

GL es 73

Dan
K0DAN