Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Digging a tower foundation hole

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Mike Coogan" <mikegc@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Digging a tower foundation hole
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:52:42 -0400
FYI, when we were installing the first towers at A61AJ some years back, he
pointed us out to his friends and said, "I have some Americans putting up my
towers."

Clearly, referring to any individual or any group of people by their country,
citizenship, country of origin, etc. could be either an insult or a compliment,
depending on how it was intended and taken.

When I'm in Puerto Rico I have often referred to myself, jokingly as a "gringo"
or "just a gringo," and it never gets a laugh for some cultural reason I don't
understand, so I am discontinuing saying it.

73 - Rich, KE3Q