[TowerTalk] climbing BX style towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] climbing BX style towers
From: Jim Hoge <knowkode@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:27:54 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings,

I have had a few maintenance jobs on BX style towers and I alway end up with
bruised feet after a climb. I wear a heavy boot with steel shanks in the soles
but the problem is the bruising that occurs on the top outside of my feet. When
working on a tower with x bracing, my feet are forced into the corner of the x
brace and the vertical member. It always seems that the flat steps are never in
the right place. I am ready to swear off of this style tower after one more
climb. Are there any tricks of the trade to avoid the problems I've encountered?

Tnx,
Jim
W5QM