Re: [TowerTalk] Low Bad DXing 40m beam

To: "'Towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Low Bad DXing 40m beam
From: mwdink@eskimo.com
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:49:52 -0700 (PDT)
We usually use a come-along on the backstay (as well as
the tram line) so you can tighten/adjust as needed. You can
really exert a lot of side force on the tower/mast even with
smaller antennas when using a tram. I have a 2 inch carbon
steel mast with massive walls and have worked on a friends
tower with a similar 3 inch mast (and bigger antennas).
The mast might not bend to destruction but why stress it
and/or the tower?

Safety first - even if it takes longer and costs more.

73 dink
n7wa