Re: [TowerTalk] Heavy Tower Delivery

To: "Steve - Jax" <steve01@mchsi.com>,"Tower Reflecter" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Heavy Tower Delivery
From: k0myw@att.net
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:21:05 +0000
Another vote for a tow truck equipped with a extendable hydraulic boom.

Worked like a charm here with my 800-pound U.S. Tower HDX-555, taking only
about 15 minutes. Cost about $50, including a $20 tip for the driver for his
extra care in properly placing slings on the tower and for depositing it
precisely where I needed it.

The real trick is getting the freight company to commit to a specific delivery
time, so that you can arrange for the tow truck to be on hand.

One other thing: Before any extraction of the tower from the truck begins,
check it over carefully for damage. The first tower sent to me was mangled by a
numbskull forklift operator in the local freight yard. I spied the bent bracing
in time, refused the delivery, and U.S. Tower readily shipped a replacement
tower after the original was returned to them. Ideally the tower will arrive at
your door aboard the same trailer into which it was loaded at the factory.

Have fun...

Mike, KØMYW

From: "Steve - Jax" <steve01@mchsi.com>