Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna problem?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna problem?
From: Ian White G/GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 07:37:18 +0100
K7LXC wrote:
>Howdy, TowerTalkians --
>
>    Thanks to everyone for their input - I got lots of comments.
>
>    I went back to the site today and checked the antenna again. This time
>the swr was high and there was no dip anywhere - classic bad feedline symptoms.
>
>    So we're going to try it again on Monday - this time replacing the balun
>and working our way down the feedline to the shack. I'll let you know what
>transpires.

In case this point was buried in my previous post, when SWR-testing the
feedline and antenna, it's always a good idea to leave a 50R load
connected in the shack.

At each place where you break the feedline, you can test SWR in both
directions so you have twice as much information.

--
73 from Ian G/GM3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek