Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning Protection Device Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning Protection Device Question
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 15:31:24 -0400
Mike,

People all have their favorites, but I would generally choose PP,
which are widely used in the communications industry.  You can have
safety or you can have low cost.  I'm not sure about both.

Unfortunately, you would have to do some really painful experiments to
make an objective comparison of these products.  Short of that, I
would choose the best construction and the best specified products.

Also, keep in mind that none of these devices will do much for you if
you do not have a well-engineered ground system.

73, Martin AA6E

--
martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net