Re: [TowerTalk] [Fwd: Re: LOW INDUCTANCE COPPER GROUNDING STRAP]

To: Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com>, "ChetMoore" <ChetMoore@cox.net>,"K8RI on Tower talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>, <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com>,<TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Fwd: Re: LOW INDUCTANCE COPPER GROUNDING STRAP]
From: ersmar@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:19:39 +0000
TT:

     At the electric utility where I designed substations, we used galvanized
braided cable to connect moveable parts to our ground grid.  These places
included swinging chainlink gates connected to their grounded hinge posts via
this braid and manual switch handles that were mounted at ground level.  BTW -
below these switch handles on the ground we installed a grillwork ground mat on
which the switchman would stand to perform his switching.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F