Re: [TowerTalk] WD40 (was lubing air variable caps)

To: Carl Smidt <xveoneov@primus.ca>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] WD40 (was lubing air variable caps)
From: Tom Anderson <WW5L@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:21:15 -0500
For what its worth:

A number of years ago when our now 30 year old university instructor son
was about 3, back in the 1970s, he got ahold of a can of WD-40 and
sprayed the thing in his mouth.  Of course my wife Cheryl (WY5H) and I
immediately grabbed him and the can of WD-40 up and headed for the
nearby hospital emergency room after calling the poison control center
before we left.  When we got to the hospital ER the doctor on duty, who
was a crusty old sort who had been in practice probably 30-40 years,
said not to worry and took the same can of WD-40 we had brought with us
and sprayed it in his mouth saying the stuff was harmless.  He rinsed
out our son's mouth with something a little more pleasant tasting and
sent him home.   This same doc., who was in his late 60s then, lived at
least another 15 years, apparently suffering no ill effects being a
WD-40 taste tester.  To my knowledge our 30 year-old son hasn't tried
WD-40 as a breath freshener since.

Tom, WW5L