Re: [TowerTalk] rohn tb25d torque bars

To: "Stephen Sala" <k7awb@msn.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rohn tb25d torque bars
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:49:31 -0700
Hmmmm .. I had a problem, about 30 years ago, when I used those torque arms
.. it was a b+t*ch to get the thimbles through the holes.  After a gazillion
(well, a few) more tower installations, I came to the conclusion that most
of the others here on TT did .. there is no reason to use the torque bars,
at all .. their advantage, if any, is minimal .. Even Rohn concurred ..
Back to the problem, since you obviously have them installed, the major
thing is to NOT screw up the galvalnizing, I suppose .. that was one of my
problems with using them.  On the other hand . ...most hams move within a
few years, and I doubt the torque bar will melt away before the Amateur
Radio operator either moves or becomes SK ...
Cheers, Mark  AA6DX     ARRL Lifer  -- Hammin' 41 years....luv it.....ex
Tower Monkey .. now, kibitzer!