Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking distance for 6M beam

To: "Julio Peralta" <jperalta@tampabay.rr.com>,<TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking distance for 6M beam
From: "Mike Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:40:56 -0000
Julio, I'm indeed no expert, but I would say 10 ft would probably be more
then sufficient. In actual practice, our local radio club has the 6m beam
only about 5 feet away from our hf beam. I wasn't in on that job, so I'm
guessing they just used what was on hand. We have gotten lazy, and run the
"F" class for Field Day now, and with stubs and low pass filters on the hf
rigs (2), we have not had any trouble with the hf station using the beam,
bothering the 6m station. Now, the pattern may be screwy with this setup,
but it seems to work ok.

73, Mike K9MI