[TowerTalk] a solution for HOA problems?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] a solution for HOA problems?
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 09:12:04 -0700
While sitting in traffic the other day, I was looking at one of those cell
towers that looks like a tree (a very realistic coniferous one, I might add).

Then, I looked at a vertical in my back yard next to a tall skinny
Melaleuca tree (it's a kind of bushy eucalypt
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/31992/index.html) and it occurred to me that
hams could do the same as the wireless companies, on a smaller scale.

So, the question is, where would one get suitable fake branches? Does
anyone know anything about the design of the faux tree cell towers?  What
kind of tree would be best to fake?  Probably want something that's fairly
tall and skinny, but not as bushy as the Melaleuca.  Heck, it would be a
lot safer in a fire prone area where the Melaleuca is like having a big
oily firestarter next to your house.

(100 ft tall Palm trees?)