Re: [TowerTalk] ELEVATED GUY

To: "'ChetMoore'" <ChetMoore@cox.net>,"'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>, <pvrc@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ELEVATED GUY
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 19:53:00 -0700
I have seen all manner of elevated guy posts.  I have never seen a spec for
these posts in the Rohn book.  I chose 4.5 inch X 1/4 inch wall oil field
pipe and had tabs for guys welded at the top.  Each post is 3 feet in ground
and 5 feet above, or 8 feet tall.  They were then hot dip galvanized.  I
went for overkill and poured 4 yards of 4000 lb concrete around each post.
A CE friend of mine said they could probably hold my 150 foot 45G tower if
placed on top of the ground. :)

BTW, I developed a spreadsheet that allows one to model the tower, guys and
antennas.  After plugging in antenna turning radius, it calculates the
clearance between antenna and guys.

73 Keith NM5G