Re: [TowerTalk] Modeling Ladderline as an Antenna Element

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Modeling Ladderline as an Antenna Element
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:05:43 -0400
Jim and Tom, many thanks for your replies.  Let me tell you what I'm up to.

I would like to put up an 80M EDZ between two towers.  However, my
towers are only 300' apart and I need about 340'.  I have considered
drooping the ends vertically, but I thought either a folded dipole or
linear loading a few feet on the ends with ladderline would allow me to
fit it inside the 300' span.  I use EZNEC 4+ for modeling.

I wonder if minimal lengths of ladderline for linear loading on each end
would provide the shortening while making the high resistance losses
arising from lower Q negligible?  I haven't tried modeling it yet.  I
thought I'd first see if anyone had successfully modeled ladderline as
an antenna element.

73, Joe

P.S. Tom, I wanted to comment on your replies regarding  tuners with
balun inputs. I will do so in a separate post later.