Re: [TowerTalk] Sick Tailtwister-Update

To: NØATH <N0ATH@Charter.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sick Tailtwister-Update
From: "Bernard(wtrone)" <wtrone@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 06:12:05 -0500
     I would like to thank everyone who responded to my inquiry with hints
and suggestions!

    As I had mentioned, I had made a complete set of voltage and resistance
measurements.  They were all "right-on."  I could hear the brake click when
the brake release was pushed and the limit switches did not appear to be
open.  I want to especially thank those who suggested that I listen for
motor hum with my ear to the tower and those that suggested that the rotor
may be "stuck" at the end of one of the stops.

    To make a long story short, the rotor was at the end of the clockwise
rotation and I could hear a hum when either of the CW or CCW buttons was
pushed.  I waited until we had some wind, which was this past Saturday, and
tried pushing the brake release several times followed by pushing the CCW
button(was at the end of the CW rotation) for about 15 seconds.  It took
several series of this, but the rotor finally started turning.  Maybe the
wind was just right.

    Anyhow, it is working now and I would like to give a BIG thanks for all
of those that helped!!!!

            73s,

            Bernard, WA4OEJ