Re: [TowerTalk] Playing with my new VIA Analyst (long)

To: Robert Chudek <k0rc@pclink.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Playing with my new VIA Analyst (long)
From: Rob Frohne <frohro@wwc.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:36:19 -0800
Hi Bob,

I haven't been back to read the posts that directed you that you need
1/2 wavelength of coax to measure the correct VSWR, but it isn't true if
you have any loss in your coax.  The signal is attenuated as it goes
down the line and attenuated again as it returns, making the forward
power you measure OK, but the reflected power is attenuated by a trip
down the line and back assuming you measure the VSWR at the
transmitter.

The thing that does happen at half wavelength intervals along a lossless
line is that the impedance repeats itself.

73,

Rob, KL7NA