[TowerTalk] Off Topic

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Off Topic
From: "Mike Switzer" <k8ze@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 06:56:09 -0500
This is a bit off topic but I have a conundrum for which I need assistance
solving.  While perusing the monthly offerings of QST, CQ, and CQ VHF, I
noticed various issues, anthologies, and other material from Ham Radio
offered as holiday gifts.  I was not active in the hobby from the mid 1980s
thru about 2003 during which time HR ceased publication.  I myself have
purchased the complete CD set of HR.  I also managed to save my copy of the
last issue.  This was a product which was clearly valued by all that I have
spoken with, so why did it fail?  This was the quintessential "better
mousetrap" that should not have failed.  When I see people responding to
some of the things we poke fun at on ebay how tuff could it have been to
market a product like HR?

mike