Re: [TowerTalk] hf vertical

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] hf vertical
From: Bob Nielsen <nielsen@oz.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:22:16 -0800
On Nov 22, 2005, at 4:50 PM, Merlin-7 KI4ILB wrote:

> I am looking for a multi-band vertical
>
> What do you all think of the TITAN DX?
>
> any ideas of the best one?

When I was looking into multiband verticals about 5 years ago I took
one look at the GAP website and was quite wary about the pseudo-
science of their claims.  I got a copy of the K7LXC/N0AX vertical
report from championradio.com and it had some good comparisons
between several different types of verticals.  Based on that, I
looked into the R-8, and later compared that to the AV-640 by Hy-Gain
(which is quite similar, but without traps).  I have been using the
AV-640 for about 4 years and am quite pleased (it is for 40-6 meters
and isn't very effective on 80 and 160, although I have made a few
contacts on those bands using a tuner).

Bob, N7XY