Re: [TowerTalk] Belt Slippage on LM-470 Towers

To: <k2xx@swva.net>, "k0dan" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Belt Slippage on LM-470 Towers
From: <paul@w8aef.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 19:50:35 -0000
It could also be that the belt is too narrow and rides in the bottom of the
pulleys.  The belt dressing is a good idea.  Even if it slips when first
applied it will (should) reduce slippage in the future.

There doesn't seem to be a brand name on my belt.  There are two sets of
numbers on it: 321 E 12 and 43517.  I think the 43517 is the manufacturers part
number.  This is a belt that I purchased to replace the worn belt that came
with the tower.  Sorry, can't remember where I obtained it, maybe an auto parts
store.  This belt also has 'teeth', for lack of a better word.  It does not
have the same continuous cross-section, it has teeth.

Also, the Tri-ex bill of materials calls for either a Dayco 4L410 or Gates 2410
belt.

de Paul, W8AEF