[TowerTalk] 160m antenna tuner

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160m antenna tuner
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:53:40 +0000
for unbalanced feedlines i have been using the ten tec L network model 238 they sell. It has worked okay for me on 160 at my power level which is at most around 1 kw. but it has become expensive. a new one is around $550! there isn't a whole lot to go wrong with a matching network, as compared to say, a transceiver, so for whatever one you choose, i would try getting it used. what is a qcao? all i can think of is quarter century applicance operator! just kidding.
but seriously, after looking at all the transmatches out there, i have concluded that if you want one done right, you have to make it yourself. or you can always buy whatever you settle on used, and take out whatever component you don't like about it and put in something better. in any event, i'd try to find a L network.

rob / k5uj