Re: [TowerTalk] 160m Antenna Tuner Recommendation?

To: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>, TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160m Antenna Tuner Recommendation?
From: Scott Neader KA9FOX <ka9fox@qth.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:35:57 -0600
Mike, you nailed it!  I moved the Inductor one notch away from the initial
"best" setting and retuned and now it gladly takes 1.5kw with no
arcing.  Thanks for the tip!!!  And thanks to everyone else for taking time
to reply directly and/or to the list.  Many helpful tips & recommendations
received that may be of value in the future.

Now on to the RFI reflector... now that I have big power on 160m, I am
randomly setting off the Nighthawk AC-powered & linked CO Detectors.  For
some reason, my family doesn't like it.

Oh, and for those that asked...QCAO = Quarter Century Appliance Operator.

- Scott KA9FOX

Free Ham Radio Classified Ads:  http://swap.QTH.com
Web Hosting Services:   http://hosting.QTH.com
$9.95/year Domains:  http://domains.QTH.com