Re: [TowerTalk] BEST MEDIUM SIZED TRIBANDER BEAM FOR CONTESTING?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BEST MEDIUM SIZED TRIBANDER BEAM FOR CONTESTING?
From: "Jim Walker" <jim@walkersdomain.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 09:43:29 -0600
The subject of this thread is, in itself, a compromise.  If one is going to
compare yagi beam antennas and choose the one that is the least
compromising.....one must choose the Steppir, hands down.  Its only
compromise is a fixed length boom, just like all other yagi style antennas I
am familiar with.

I am not a Steppir owner but have reached an opinion on this issue after
having studied the merits of the Steppir design and its features/benefits
for a very long time.  In my opinion (whatever that's worth)  the Steppir
does offer the overall best design with the least compromise of all yagi
style antennas on the market today whether it be for contesting or
ragchewing.  Thus, it demands one of the highest costs of all yagi style
antennas on the market.  Seems fair to me.  Wish I had one!!

Jim
KB0X