[TowerTalk] New W3LPL Radial System

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] New W3LPL Radial System
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 14:32:51 -0500
This year the elevated radials (two per vertical) on my 4-square
vertical array were removed and replaced with 60 radials for
each vertical, laid directly on the ground.  Each is 120 feet long,
except at the center of the array where they would otherwise
cross over.

I thought the e-mail below from K1HTV, one of the W3LPL 160
meter operators, would be of great interest to the group.
As W8JI said earlier, P L E A S E don't replace your elevated
radials with ground radials.  We don't need the competition...

73!
Frank
W3LPL