Re: [TowerTalk] new tower /OLD tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com, wb5aaa@alltel.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] new tower /OLD tower
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 13:08:36 EST

In a message dated 12/1/2005 7:14:40 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  NEW question

>  I have 40' of old ok  good R-45 tower and I have 40' of almost NEW R-45
tower

>  So  my question is when I put this tower up   do I put the old sections  on
the bottom or on top

>  Maybe just mix them ever other  section     like 1 old then 1 new and so
on?

    Wow - a never discussed before thread!

    Structurally I'd surmise that there's no  difference between the old and
new sections. What I have seen is that sections  higher up the tower are
usually the ones in the worst shape - i.e. more  galvanizing breakdown due to
weather and pollutants - so if it was my  tower I'd probably put the old ones
at
the bottom and the new ones at the top.

And be sure to use the Rohn specs for everything.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Cell: 206-890-4188