[TowerTalk] Old Tower, Short Guy Wires

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Old Tower, Short Guy Wires
From: "Erik Anderson" <erik@1067wwtl.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 13:37:33 -0500
Hi. I have an older tower that was donated to our station. I believe I am
reading it to be "Tower Construction Co., Sioux City, IA -- 8429"

It is a 200'. I would like to get it raised to 180' (leave off top section) to
stay under FAA registration. In addition, I would like to keep land usage to a
minimum for the guy wires, as this is on a church property. It would have a
single, circular polarized antenna on it.

Can someone tell me who can do the engineering for this tower and tell me the
shortest guys wire lengths I can use (I have heard 80%, 60%, 50%). Even if it
meant more guy wires to have shorter lengths, I would consider it. I would also
consider hiring out the job of putting this tower up.

Thanks!
Erik Anderson
106.7 WWTL
15024 St Rte 328