[TowerTalk] AO

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AO
From: "William B. Stacy" <WStacy@uwyo.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 22:45:09 -0700
As pointed out earlier, Brian Beezley, K6STI, used standard language in
granting a license for use of his software.  I cannot recall any software
publisher selling the software itself, only a license to use it.

I used his software for many years and found it well written, bug free, and
useful.  The thing that really tore it for Brian was the rampant pirating of AO
and his other programs.  He was trying to make a living writing ham software
and asked that people not pirate it.  When it began showing up on bulletin
boards and disks of ham "freeware," he added copy protection.  When that did
not work, he essentially pulled the plug on the operation.  We all lost because
of the actions of a few irresponsible people.  However, I cannot blame him for
being bitter about how things turned out.

73,
Bill, K7EY