Re: [TowerTalk] End Fed Wire

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] End Fed Wire
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:01:46 -0600
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:48:27 +0000, ersmar@comcast.net wrote:

>But Jim is correct - you need a connection to ground/earth for the
>model to work.

And for the antenna to work! That connection, and the wire that
makes it, IS part of the antenna, whether you CALL it part of the
antenna or not. That wire will radiate, just like any other wire
carrying RF current. Just because we CALL it a ground wire doesn't
prevent it from radiating (and receiving).

I teach RFI to sound contractors and other audio guys, ane thing I
impress upon them as that even through we may CALL something a
microphone cable or speaker cable or a ground wire, mother nature
calls it an antenna. And mother nature always wins.

Jim Brown  K9YC