Re: [TowerTalk] best elevation angle of radiation

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] best elevation angle of radiation
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:24:25 -0500
Al:  We are at the bottom of the sunspot cycle.  It is doubtful the
short yagi will do much for you over the next couple of years.  During
high sunspot years you will be AMAZED at how much better the 38 foot
yagi will perform closer in.  Here on the east coast my little C3E at 40
feet would often outperform the big yagi to EU, until this season  The
little short C3E is essentially useless so far in late 2005......No
comparison.  Last year I   would not have made half of my EU contacts
without the 40 footer.  Same for SA from here.  Take a hard look at your
HFTA data, but remember that data is averaged for the entiere sunspot
cycle.  Leave it up and in 2 or 3 years the little one will shine.  73
bob de w9ge