Re: [TowerTalk] Clean Routing of cables through house wall?

To: "Kelly Johnson" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Clean Routing of cables through house wall?
From: "donhall161" <donhall161@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:27:48 -0600
Kelly,

Just moved into a new house. Still hooking up antennas.

My electrician installed a 3" elbow into the shack. The outside is a
rectangular box with a removable plate for access to which a piece of 3" PVC
conduit goes down as far toward ground as needed. The inside has a fitting
holding it to the wall.

I had two ground rods installed, one directly where the conduit comes down,
the other at the bottom of the incoming 220 line which is underground to the
house. They are only about 8 ft apart and connected with 1-0 cable.

The 220 service ground, the teleco ground, the satellite dish system ground
and the propane copper pipe are all tied to the second ground rod.

A bare wire comes in through the conduit to the operating desk for grounding
the equipment.

I plan to install a plate in an electrical box at the bottom of the ground
rod at the shack and run all my incoming coax and control cables through it.

My system is not quite as elaborate as some described here on TowerTalk, but
neither is my station!

Good luck and see you on the bands.

73  Don  K5AQ