To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 36, Issue 54
From: "Dudley Chapman" <chief@thechief.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:55:08 -0500

>Hi to all,
>

>I am writing to ask about antenna modeling.  I know very little of the
>subject and I may be asking something far too complex and time consuming?
>have the OptiBeam OB 17-4 and the Force 12 WARC7 12 feet above it and would
>love to see the predicted SWR curves when adding the WARC7 antenna?  Is
>that
>possible or is that a tremendous amount of effort?
>

>Gary, N5PHT

Gary,
   It is a lot of work to accurately set up a model for a given multiband
yagi.  However, hams do it all the time out of a labor of love for their own
antennas.  I am guessing that people have already set up models for those
two antennas and they would probably be willing to send them to you.  If
that is true, it's much easier to combine both antenna models into one with
whatever spacing you want between them.

   You might also check the forum on http://www.antennex.com.

Dudley - WA1X