Re: [TowerTalk] Crank Up towers

To: "'AD5VJ Bob'" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank Up towers
From: "RJD" <nj9k@wi.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 04:15:57 -0000
Even though I had to kiss the "politicians" of the PLAN commission I still had
no reservations about the "crankup tower" for my future.  Several reasons being
my age was crepting up to the 70 mark in 10 years, the ability to maintenance
the antennas if I included the tilt-over feature, and also maintenanced the
tower, cables, rotator, actual tower cables, et al.

So I opted for the UST 72ft. motorized, tilt-over, remote feature.  I am one
happy camper for thinking ahead to the older age.  I bought myself a 10ft step
ladder and am able to service the whole setup.

That's my two cents.  All my cables are under ground to the 2nd floor of the
house.

Dick, NJ9K