Re: [TowerTalk] Need OLD 18-AVQ dimensions - NOT

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need OLD 18-AVQ dimensions - NOT
From: K6TFZ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:10:21 EST
It turns out the 18-AVQ is NOT the antenna it appears to be.
The traps are all Hygain but two of the long tubes were far off
in dimension from instructions.

Looking around on the net, I found that Hustler makes a 4-BTV
and a 5-BTV which apparently also use Hygain traps. After
downloading the instruction sheets, I found that they match
what I have.

Sorry to have put you guys/gals (PC) through a mental
exercise. What threw me was the Hygain labels on the traps.
I guess Hustler does not re-label them. My big hint should have
been the 80 meter coil at the top which certainly looks like
a Hustler mobile coil.

Now my mentee and I are in business.

Thanks for the effort.  Geoff, K6TFZ