[TowerTalk] Ref: Crank Up towers

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ref: Crank Up towers
From: "Win" <w0lz@winlyn.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 23:04:34 -0600
Larry, the tower that was damaged was a old light duty Tri-Ex five section
tower.  It bent over at the lower end of the top section.  All that was
necessary to repair it was to right the section and lower it, then repair
(weld) one horizontal brace.  The tower was actually probably overloaded
with the rotor in the mast above the top of the tower, and a HB 5 element 10
meter beam with a 20 foot boom on it.  My guess is that the antenna weighed
about 35 lbs.  Had the tower been a medium or heavy duty type, I doubt there
would have been any damage.  The beam survived without any damage.

Seasons Greetings to everyone.

Win w0lz