Re: [TowerTalk] formatting on TowerTalk

To: "StellarCAT" <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>,"tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] formatting on TowerTalk
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:23:36 -0800
At 08:36 AM 12/24/2005, StellarCAT wrote:
>Can whomever runs the TowerTalk group please check into formatting the
>incoming messages?
>I am a member of the Force12 group and it automatically displays a
>properly formatted message.
>TowerTalk just goes on forever (on the same line) unless one remembers to
>force insert a CR/LF.

I much prefer the existing way, and let my mail reader do the line
breaks.  That way, if I'm reading the mail in a small window, it's still
readable. And, there's nothing worse than trying to read something
formatted with, e.g., 72 character lines in a 50 character wide window
(particularly if it's something that has been "quoted" so the previous 72
character lines are now 73 or 74, so every single line wraps.  Having the
text only break at paragraphs also makes cutting and pasting easier.

Most mail readers will automatically wrap received mail.