[TowerTalk] formatting on TowerTalk

To: "tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] formatting on TowerTalk
From: "StellarCAT" <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:30:24 -0700
again... I am using the same program for BOTH f12 and Tower... f12 works
fine... tower does not.

so if I need to change settings why is it not needed for f12!? This implies
something on the tower group server/mail software is set different from the f12
server!

g.

[and as I have said - since this thread has started I have not seen any posts
that were extended (i.e. they have been wrapped automatically)... nothing has
changed here however.]

Different parts of the problem lie with senders and receivers and
their email software. Tower Talk, and most email lists, use plain
text, NOT html.

When corresponding with an email list, your email software should be
set for NO html formatting. Your software should also be set to
insert line breaks for something on the order of 60-72 characters
per line. Good email software allows that. The lines that go on
forever are caused by email software that is not inserting line
breaks, and by the reading software not "wrapping" incoming lines.

Jim K9YC