Re: [TowerTalk] bucket lift

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] bucket lift
From: "Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181" <ooe@odessaoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 09:21:26 -0800
I have used those units as well.  The one we had went to 45 or 50 I think.
I've rented the tractor tired version you talked about a couple of times as
well, in the rocks you talk about they'd be much better.  The one I used
went up 60'.  Remember to keep someone there on the ground in case either of
these units won't restart for you.

I finally bought a 65' bucket truck at an auction a couple of years ago.  If
you go this route plan on spending a LOT of money.  My truck is a rusted
heap and didn't run, I picked it up for $900.  That's the last cheap thing
though.  It gets about 5 mpg.  Just getting the boom structurally and
electrically tested was almost $400.  The lines that go up to the bucket
control all got sun brittle and broke, the factory wants $2500 to replace
them.  The boom is in pretty good shape and is perfectly safe, but I need to
eventually drop it on a new truck.  Oh yeah, then there is the insurance,
$3000 per year if I let anyone else use it.  $1000 if only I (not even any
employees) use it.

Hopefully sometime in the next decade I'll have it usable :-).  We've
managed to bypass the upper controls so it'll have to be run from the
ground, a pain but not impossible.

laters,
Marlon
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)