[TowerTalk] k9ay

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] k9ay
From: "Federico Zanini - IK3UMT" <ik3umt@ir3ip.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 15:39:15 +0100
Hi all,
Firt of all I want to thanks all hams who suggested to me various antenna
systems for topband transmissions.

I want to ask you how a k9ay works relatively to 1.8 MHz , as the antenna is
a optimal solution for MW reception as stated in many literature.
Does it maintain their carachteristics of nulling, directivity, quietness
operation and so on even at higher frequencies than MW ???
Now i'm using a half-sloper and a welbrook ala1530 loop but none of them are
capable to bring out some DX stations from QRM...

I'm also glad to know performances versus dimensions as i read that these
ones are not rigid or critical.
Thanks in advance
73
Federico ik3umt