Re: [TowerTalk] Hazer Question

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hazer Question
From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 00:46:59 -0500
Jim (Lux),
I've been thinking  about a Hazer to raise and lower a stack of heavier
VHF/UHF antennas on my Rohn 25.  This would allow me to lower things to the
roof level or just above for maintenance instead of bulling antennas up and
down a 22 ft mast.
My roof is almost flat and can be accessed via the tower from the third
floor window over an eight foot climb!
I am thinking of their heavy duty steel model.

You mentioned that you were an owner of a previously used Hazer and that you
felt that it wasn't worth the price new.  Which one do you have?  What kind
of tower is it on?  What do you have on it (antennas and rotator) and how
high do you crank it up?
Do you lower it for maintenance or storm safety or both?  Is yours powered
or manual and if powered, AC or DC?

J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT